Learn how you can adjust material parameters of your imported 3D models or image textures
The material panel can be overwhelming so here a short overview of how to fine-tune your materials.
- Select the material to edit. You can also click into the preview screen to select a material directly from your model
- This option can be useful when your model has "flipped faces"and materials seem see-through.
- Select the PBR standard you want to work with. The "Unlit" mode lets you specify a single texture and your material will not be affected by light or shadow (useful for photogrammetry or baked lighting workflows)
- Select the material type: Opaque is used for most opaque materials, "Mask" is used for cutout materials, like a chain-link fence, and "Blend" is used for transparent materials like glass.
- Tune material parameters and select texture maps:
Diffuse: Main color of your material. Select a texture and/or a color value. For transparent materials (Blend material type) you can select the transparency here as well via a slider.
Normal: Select a "Normal map" that defines surface details of your material and set the intensity.
Metallic/Specular: Select how metallic your material is, and how blurry the reflections are.
Emission: Select an emission value. This is useful when you want your material to be unaffected by The Wild's default lighting.
AO: Select an "Ambient Occlusion" map